Sunday, March 10, 2013

Cheerful "spring-y" Wreath

Last spring I made this wreath.


It was all good until the weather got warmer and the afternoon sun beat on the door day after day...and well, the moss faded.

So this year...no moss.

I love the combination of colors of mustard and turquoise.  It was my inspiration for this year's wreath.  After a trip to Hobby Lobby, this is what I came home with:

I go for this type of wreath as opposed to a styrofoam wreath because I think they are more forgiving when wrapping yarn around them. 


When choosing yarn for this type of project I usually go for something with a bit of texture so that it's easier to wrap--like the wreath, it's more forgiving.  This color is "Robin's Egg."  LOVE!


I also picked up some yellow roses, a couple of sprigs of greenery, and some ribbon.



And so, I wrapped and wrapped the yarn.  Then I cut down the flowers and greenery and glued them into place.  Done!










No comments:

Post a Comment