Thursday, June 16, 2011

Candle Lanterns

I stumbled across this awesome idea while walking through trusty ol' Pottery Barn.  They had a number of lanterns hanging from an old beat up ladder.  It caught my eye because my husband and I have been talking about sprucing up our deck.  I knew we wouldn't have room for a ladder, but I had a vision (yep, again.)  While I searched here and there for a variety of lanterns (some we had and others were found at Michael's, Pier One, and Cost Plus) all Mark had to do was hit up Home Depot for the wood and some black chain.  Once he cut it to the correct length I beat it up.  I took a hammer and a chisel to it before staining it.  I adore the way it turned out!  It adds such ambiance to the deck and the light put off by the candles is just perfect.

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE this idea. I am trying to think of how I can do something similar and where I would put it :) Great job, Em!

    ReplyDelete